Copyright © 2016 - Ercan Eker. All rights reserved.
CAREFULLY READ AND BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THIS EULA BEFORE YOU ACCEPT
ITS PROVISIONS. "SOFTWARE OWNER" IS WILLING TO LICENSE THE REUSECASE
SOFTWARE (AS DEFINED BELOW) TO YOU AS A CONSUMER ONLY IF YOU ACCEPT ALL
OF THE PROVISIONS OF THIS EULA AND ITS RELATED TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
BY CLICKING THE “I AGREE” OR “YES” BUTTON AT THE BEGINNING OF REUSECASE
SOFTWARE INSTALLATION, BY LOADING THE SOFTWARE OR BY OTHERWISE INDICATING
ASSENT, YOU ACCEPT THIS EULA AND THIS EULA WILL BECOME A LEGAL AND ENFORCEABLE
CONTRACT BETWEEN "SOFTWARE OWNER" AND YOU INDIVIDUALLY, IF YOU ARE A
CONSUMER OR BETWEEN "SOFTWARE OWNER" AND YOUR ORGANIZATION, IF YOU ARE
AN EMPLOYEE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE PROVISIONS,
THEN CLICK “CANCEL”, “NO” OR “CLOSE WINDOW”.
The copyright in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and its documentation is owned
by "SOFTWARE OWNER". Subject to the terms of this EULA, YOU are granted a
non-exclusive right for the duration of the EULA to use the SOFTWARE
PRODUCT. YOU do not acquire ownership of copyright or other
intellectual property rights in any part of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT
by virtue of this EULA.
This EULA concerns SOFTWARE OWNER’s grant of a license to ReUseCase Software
and any related user Documentation, to you. This EULA shall also apply to
all Updates and Upgrades, insofar as "SOFTWARE OWNER" provides you with Updates
and/or Upgrades after installation of the Software.
Your use of this software indicates your acceptance of this EULA and
In this End User License Agreement, unless the contrary intention appears,
- 1.1. Software Owner - means the person Ercan Eker who is the creator, designer, developer and owner of the software. Istanbul,Turkey
- 1.2. Computer - means any device that is able to process data with the assistance of a programmable calculation specification.
- 1.3. Consumer - means any natural person who is provided with any Software from Owner.
- 1.4. Customer - means a Consumer and/or Organization.
- 1.5. Documentation - means written materials, in printed or electronic form, describing the features of the Software and/or Updates and Upgrades and that are designed to assist you in effectively utilizing the Software, Updates and/or Upgrades. Such Documentation does not vary the terms of this EULA or its related Terms and Conditions.
- 1.6. Organization - means any user, legal entity or partnership, having legal capacity that is ordering or receiving or using Software of "Software Owner" while performing its commercial or independent professional or other work.
- 1.7. Fee - means the price or the License fee to be paid for Software of "Software Owner".
- 1.8. License - means your right to use the Software subject to this EULA and the Terms and Conditions applicable as of date of conclusion of the relevant agreement. The License shall stipulate the nature and scope of your right to use the Software. For that Software for which an Update service is provided, the License shall also constitute your right to receive ongoing Updates/Upgrades during the License Term for the provided Software.
- 1.9. License Term - means the period for which a License to Software has been granted. The License Term commences as soon as you have received a License Key.
- 1.10. Multiple Use - means simultaneous storage, simultaneous retention and any other simultaneous use of Software on several Computers and any use of such Software for which special licenses for Multiple Use are provided according to the respective product information.
- 1.11. Software - means Software Owner's computer programs in their object code format, including any and all Updates and Upgrades thereto that "Software Owner" makes available and for which "Software Owner" has granted a license to you.
- 1.12. Terms and Conditions - mean the Standard Terms and Conditions of Business of "Software Owner". For ReUsecase product, see www.reusecase.com. As noted below, these Terms and Conditions apply in addition to, and supplement the provisions of, this EULA.
- 1.13. Trial License - means a License to use the Software for testing purposes for a limited period of time free of charge by a Customer.
- 1.14. Updates and Upgrades - mean the updating of the Software. Classification of the updating as an Update or Upgrade is at Software Owner’s sole discretion.
- 1.15. Update Service - means the ongoing updating of Software through Updates and/or Upgrades and the provision of such Updates and Upgrades to you by "Software Owner". Some Software requires the Update Service for functional use. "Software Owner" may at its sole discretion render services under its Update Service as an Update or Upgrade.
The Software is protected by international copyright laws,
treaties and other laws. "Software Owner" and its licensors own
and retain all right, title and interest in and to the Software,
including all copyrights, patents, trade secret rights, trademarks
and other intellectual property rights. This EULA does not transfer
to you any title to or in the Software. You do not acquire any
rights to the Software except as specified in Sections 3 and 6,
3.LICENSE GRANT and LIMITATIONS
- 3.1. "Software Owner" hereby grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable License to use the Software subject to any restrictions contained herein or in the Terms and Conditions.
- 3.2. In addition:
- 3.2.1. As noted, the Terms and Conditions apply to this EULA. In the case of a conflict between this EULA and the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- 3.2.2. For Software for which Updates and Upgrades are provided by "Software Owner", your License includes the right to receive and use Upgrades and Updates for the License Term. For Software for which no Updates or Upgrades are available from "Software Owner", you may use only the version of the Software for which you have paid for the License Term.
- 3.3. YOU hereby undertake not to sell, rent, lease, translate, adapt, vary, modify, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, create derivative works of, modify, sub-license, loan or distribute the SOFTWARE PRODUCT other than as expressly authorized by this EULA.
- 3.4. YOU further undertake not to reproduce or distribute license key-codes except under the express and written permission of "Software Owner".
4. PROVISIONS FOR USE
- 4.1. Software must not be reproduced, transferred or decompiled (i.e. recompilation into the source code), unless expressly permitted by this EULA or permitted according to law. If you wish to reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software (hereinafter referred to as "Decompilation") for the purpose of achieving interoperability with other computer programs if allowed by law, you shall contact "Software Owner" before Decompilation of the Software and request the provision of the information necessary for the achievement of such interoperability. If "Software Owner" supplies such information concerning interoperability without undue delay, you shall not be entitled to decompile the Software.
- 4.2. Software for which no special Licenses for Multiple Use are available according to the relevant product information is restricted to use on one Computer by you. For this purpose, you may use any available Computer that meets the system requirements and for which the License was granted. Should you change the Computer, the Software must be deleted from the Computer on which the Software was previously installed before the reinstallation of the Software on a different Computer. For Software whose product information provides special Licenses for Multiple Use, Multiple Use shall be permissible only if, and to the extent that, you purchased and were granted the relevant type or number of Licenses by "Software Owner".
- 4.3. You may not, nor may you permit another person to:
- 4.3.1. Copy (other than once for backup purposes) sublicense, rent, loan, or lease any portion of the Software. If you wish to use the Software on another computer, you must delete the program from your current computer before installing it on the other computer;
- 4.3.2. Modify, or create derivative works based upon, the Software, in whole or in part.
- 4.3.3. Remove any proprietary notices, serial numbers, labels, or copy protection features from the Software;
- 4.3.4. Use the Software in special risk areas that require error-free, permanent operation of relevant systems and in which the failure of the Software may result in a direct risk for life, body or health or in substantial damages to property or the environment (high risk activities and high availability activities, including but not limited to the operation of nuclear facilities, weapon systems, aviation navigation or communication systems, life support systems and equipment, machine and production processes of pharmaceuticals and food production). "Software Owner" does not warrant or guarantee that the Software is fit for use in special risk areas.
- 4.3.5. "Software Owner" reserves all rights to bring an action to prohibit or stop any unauthorised use of Software by you, including but not limited to, claims for injunctive relief and damages. Unauthorised use by you may lead to criminal prosecution under the relevant laws. The provisions of this section 4.3.5 concerning reproduction and disclosure shall apply similarly for the user handbooks and other documents pertaining to the Software provided by "Software Owner".
5. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
The setup of a functional hardware and software environment for the Software shall be the solely in your responsibility. The same shall apply to regular data backup within your Information system.
6. EVALUATION (TRIAL) LICENSE
- 6.1. A Trial License that is provided to you free of charge and "as is" except for the operability of the Software and consequently "Software Owner" provides no warranty to you with regard to the Software. "Software Owner" does not provide product support for these Licenses and you may not use them in a production environment.
- 6.2. The Trial Edition of ReUseCase is not free software. Subject to the terms of this agreement, YOU are hereby licensed to use this software for evaluation purposes without charge for a period of thirty (30) days.
- 6.3. Upon expiration of the thirty (30) days, the Software Product must be removed from the computer. Unregistered use of ReUseCase after the 30-day evaluation period is in violation of Turkish and international copyright laws.
- 6.4. "Software Owner" may extend the evaluation period on request and at their discretion.
- 6.5. If YOU choose to use this software after the 30-day evaluation period, a license must be purchased at "http://www.reusecase.com/". Upon payment of the license fee, YOU will be sent details of your paid license information provided with a suitable software license 'key' by email.
7. EFFECT OF TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION OF THE LICENSE
- 7.1. Termination or expiration of the License granted hereunder means that your right to use the Software and Updates and Upgrades ends immediately. You will then receive no further Updates and you must delete the Software, as well as all back-up copies from your computer. "Software Owner" may require you to provide written confirmation of the destruction or deletion of the materials referenced in this section.
- 7.2. Without prejudice to any other rights, "Software Owner" may terminate this EULA if YOU fail to comply with the terms and conditions. Upon termination YOU or YOUR representative shall destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts or otherwise return or dispose of such material in the manner directed by "Software Owner".
8. TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- 8.1. "Software Owner" may offer technical support services. See www.reusecase.com. Such technical support shall be provided in Software Owner’s sole discretion without any guarantee or warranty of any kind. It is your responsibility to back up of all your existing data, software and programs before receiving any technical support from "Software Owner". "Software Owner" reserves the right to refuse, suspend or terminate any technical support, in its sole discretion.
- 8.2. For technical maintenance/support services, related terms and conditions of the contract is applied.
9. LIMITED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER
- 9.1. Limited Warranty: "Software Owner" warrants that, for thirty (30) days from the date of purchase, any paid version of Software will operate substantially in accordance with the Documentation.
- 9.2. License Warranty: "Software Owner" warrants that, license information for purchased licenses are mailed to you immediately. If a problem is informed to firstname.lastname@example.org, Software Owner resends license information.
- 9.3. Exclusive Customer Remedies: Your exclusive remedy for the breach of the foregoing limited warranty shall be, at Software Owner’s option, either (i) return of the Fee paid by you, if any, or (ii) replacement of the defective media on which the Software is contained. You must return any defective media to "Software Owner" or to the Reseller that provided the media to you, at your expense, with a copy of your receipt. This limited warranty is void if the defect has resulted from any accident or abuse, by you.
- 9.4. Errors and Defects: Any Support Services provided by "Software Owner" shall be substantially as described in applicable written materials provided to YOU by "Software Owner", and "Software Owner" support engineers will make commercially reasonable efforts to solve any critical problems associated with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
10. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, ALL SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "SOFTWARE OWNER" MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO ITS USE OR PERFORMANCE. "SOFTWARE OWNER" MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. "SOFTWARE OWNER" ALSO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OR ABILITY TO INTEGRATE THE SOFTWARE WITH OTHER PRODUCTS. YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELECTING THE SOFTWARE TO ACHIEVE YOUR INTENDED RESULTS, AND FOR THE INSTALLATION OF, USE OF, AND RESULTS OBTAINED FROM, THE SOFTWARE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, "SOFTWARE OWNER" MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR FREE FROM INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER FAILURES, OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL "SOFTWARE OWNER" BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR DAMAGES FROM LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR WORK STOPPAGE, LOSS OF DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGE OR LOSS. IN NO EVENT SHALL "SOFTWARE OWNER" BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU EVEN IF "SOFTWARE OWNER" HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING PROVISIONS OF SECTIONS 9 AND 10 SHALL APPLY WITH EQUAL FORCE TO ANY AUTHORIZED RESELLERS AND SHALL BE ENFORCEABLE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
As support to the software support and bug fixing processes, there are functionalities in the software to send usage statistics. We do not collect any data entered by users but only statistics.
- 13.1. This EULA and the Terms and Conditions, as defined above and incorporated herein, set forth all of your rights to use the Software and make up the entire agreement between the parties. This EULA and the Terms and Conditions supersede any other communications, representations or advertising relating to the Software that is the subject of this EULA.
- 13.2. No provision hereof shall be deemed waived unless there is a written waiver signed by an authorized "Software Owner" representative.
- 13.3. If any provision of this EULA or the related Terms and Conditions is held invalid, the remainder of this EULA and Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect. To the extent that an otherwise invalid provision can be construed so as to be valid, that provision shall be so construed.
- 13.4. All rights not expressly set forth hereunder are reserved by "Software Owner".
- 13.5. The descriptive headings in this EULA have been inserted for convenience and shall not limit or otherwise affect the construction or interpretation of this EULA. 12.6. You may not assign your rights under this EULA without the express written permission of "Software Owner".
14. 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE AND LIBRARIES
This software contains and uses libraries and software below. Their license agreements are added into below after this EULA. Customer or user, accepts all licenses together. Please, read them carefully and do not install the software if you do not accept them also.
Log4j, POI, Commons IO: Apache
All names of products and companies used in this EULA, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or the enclosed documentation may be trademarks of their corresponding owners. Their use in this EULA is intended to be in compliance with the respective guidelines and licenses. Java is registered trademark of Oracle, Windows is registered trademark of Microsoft.
15. GOVERNING LAW
This EULA shall be governed by the laws of the Turkey and all actions under this Agreement shall be brought in the courts of Turkey and you consent to venue and exclusive jurisdiction in those courts.
Version 2.0, January 2004
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE, REPRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION
"License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction, and
distribution as defined by Sections 1 through 9 of this document.
"Licensor" shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorized by the
copyright owner that is granting the License.
"Legal Entity" shall mean the union of the acting entity and all other
entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with
that entity. For the purposes of this definition, "control" means (i) the
power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such
entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty
percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial
ownership of such entity.
"You" (or "Your") shall mean an individual or Legal Entity exercising
permissions granted by this License.
"Source" form shall mean the preferred form for making modifications,
including but not limited to software source code, documentation source,
and configuration files.
"Object" form shall mean any form resulting from mechanical transformation
or translation of a Source form, including but not limited to compiled
object code, generated documentation, and conversions to other media types.
"Work" shall mean the work of authorship, whether in Source or Object form,
made available under the License, as indicated by a copyright notice that
is included in or attached to the work (an example is provided in the
"Derivative Works" shall mean any work, whether in Source or Object form,
that is based on (or derived from) the Work and for which the editorial
revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications represent, as
a whole, an original work of authorship. For the purposes of this License,
Derivative Works shall not include works that remain separable from, or
merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of, the Work and Derivative
"Contribution" shall mean any work of authorship, including the original
version of the Work and any modifications or additions to that Work or
Derivative Works thereof, that is intentionally submitted to Licensor for
inclusion in the Work by the copyright owner or by an individual or Legal
Entity authorized to submit on behalf of the copyright owner. For the
purposes of this definition, "submitted" means any form of electronic,
verbal, or written communication sent to the Licensor or its
representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic
mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that
are managed by, or on behalf of, the Licensor for the purpose of discussing
and improving the Work, but excluding communication that is conspicuously
marked or otherwise designated in writing by the copyright owner as "Not a
"Contributor" shall mean Licensor and any individual or Legal Entity on
behalf of whom a Contribution has been received by Licensor and
subsequently incorporated within the Work.
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the
terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You
a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable
copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly
display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the Work and such
Derivative Works in Source or Object form.
3. Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms
and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a
perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable
(except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made, use,
offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work, where such
license applies only to those patent claims licensable by such Contributor
that are necessarily infringed by their Contribution(s) alone or by
combination of their Contribution(s) with the Work to which such
Contribution(s) was submitted. If You institute patent litigation against
any entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging
that the Work or a Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes
direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses
granted to You under this License for that Work shall terminate as of the
date such litigation is filed.
4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and
distribute copies of the Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium,
with or without modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that
You meet the following conditions:
- You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a
copy of this License; and
- You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating
that You changed the files; and
- You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works that You
distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from
the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to
any part of the Derivative Works; and
- If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its distribution,
then any Derivative Works that You distribute must include a readable copy
of the attribution notices contained within such NOTICE file, excluding
those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in
at least one of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed
as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or documentation,
if provided along with the Derivative Works; or, within a display generated
by the Derivative Works, if and wherever such third-party notices normally
appear. The contents of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only
and do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution notices
within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside or as an addendum to
the NOTICE text from the Work, provided that such additional attribution
notices cannot be construed as modifying the License.
You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and may
provide additional or different license terms and conditions for use,
reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or for any such
Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use, reproduction, and
distribution of the Work otherwise complies with the conditions stated in
5. Submission of Contributions. Unless You
explicitly state otherwise, any Contribution intentionally submitted for
inclusion in the Work by You to the Licensor shall be under the terms and
conditions of this License, without any additional terms or conditions.
Notwithstanding the above, nothing herein shall supersede or modify the
terms of any separate license agreement you may have executed with Licensor
regarding such Contributions.
6. Trademarks. This License does not grant
permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product
names of the Licensor, except as required for reasonable and customary use
in describing the origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the
7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Unless required by
applicable law or agreed to in writing, Licensor provides the Work (and
each Contributor provides its Contributions) on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT
WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including,
without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE,
NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You
are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or
redistributing the Work and assume any risks associated with Your exercise
of permissions under this License.
8. Limitation of Liability. In no event and
under no legal theory, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or
otherwise, unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate and
grossly negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall any Contributor be
liable to You for damages, including any direct, indirect, special,
incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a result
of this License or out of the use or inability to use the Work (including
but not limited to damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer
failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses),
even if such Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such
9. Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability.
While redistributing the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose
to offer, and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity,
or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this License.
However, in accepting such obligations, You may act only on Your own behalf
and on Your sole responsibility, not on behalf of any other Contributor,
and only if You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold each Contributor
harmless for any liability incurred by, or claims asserted against, such
Contributor by reason of your accepting any such warranty or additional
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Oracle Binary Code License Agreement for the Java SE Platform Products and JavaFX
ORACLE AMERICA, INC. ("ORACLE"), FOR AND ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES UNDER COMMON CONTROL, IS WILLING TO LICENSE THE SOFTWARE TO YOU ONLY UPON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS BINARY CODE LICENSE AGREEMENT AND SUPPLEMENTAL LICENSE TERMS (COLLECTIVELY "AGREEMENT"). PLEASE READ THE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT LICENSE AGREEMENT" (OR THE EQUIVALENT) BUTTON AND/OR BY USING THE SOFTWARE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND AGREE TO THEM. IF YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND THE LEGAL ENTITY TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS, THEN SELECT THE "DECLINE LICENSE AGREEMENT" (OR THE EQUIVALENT) BUTTON AND YOU MUST NOT USE THE SOFTWARE ON THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER MEDIA ON WHICH THE SOFTWARE IS CONTAINED.
1. DEFINITIONS. "Software" means the software identified above in binary form that you selected for download, install or use (in the version You selected for download, install or use) from Oracle or its authorized licensees, any other machine readable materials (including, but not limited to, libraries, source files, header files, and data files), any updates or error corrections provided by Oracle, and any user manuals, programming guides and other documentation provided to you by Oracle under this Agreement. "General Purpose Desktop Computers and Servers" means computers, including desktop and laptop computers, or servers, used for general computing functions under end user control (such as but not specifically limited to email, general purpose Internet browsing, and office suite productivity tools). The use of Software in systems and solutions that provide dedicated functionality (other than as mentioned above) or designed for use in embedded or function-specific software applications, for example but not limited to: Software embedded in or bundled with industrial control systems, wireless mobile telephones, wireless handheld devices, kiosks, TV/STB, Blu-ray Disc devices, telematics and network control switching equipment, printers and storage management systems, and other related systems are excluded from this definition and not licensed under this Agreement. "Programs" means (a) Java technology applets and applications intended to run on the Java Platform, Standard Edition platform on Java-enabled General Purpose Desktop Computers and Servers; and (b) JavaFX technology applications intended to run on the JavaFX Runtime on JavaFX-enabled General Purpose Desktop Computers and Servers. “Commercial Features” means those features identified in Table 1-1 (Commercial Features In Java SE Product Editions) of the Java SE documentation accessible at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/index.html. “README File” means the README file for the Software accessible at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/index.html.
2. LICENSE TO USE. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement including, but not limited to, the Java Technology Restrictions of the Supplemental License Terms, Oracle grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license without license fees to reproduce and use internally the Software complete and unmodified for the sole purpose of running Programs. THE LICENSE SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 2 DOES NOT EXTEND TO THE COMMERCIAL FEATURES. YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS RELATED TO THE COMMERCIAL FEATURES ARE AS SET FORTH IN THE SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS ALONG WITH ADDITIONAL LICENSES FOR DEVELOPERS AND PUBLISHERS.
3. RESTRICTIONS. Software is copyrighted. Title to Software and all associated intellectual property rights is retained by Oracle and/or its licensors. Unless enforcement is prohibited by applicable law, you may not modify, decompile, or reverse engineer Software. You acknowledge that the Software is developed for general use in a variety of information management applications; it is not developed or intended for use in any inherently dangerous applications, including applications that may create a risk of personal injury. If you use the Software in dangerous applications, then you shall be responsible to take all appropriate fail-safe, backup, redundancy, and other measures to ensure its safe use. Oracle disclaims any express or implied warranty of fitness for such uses. No right, title or interest in or to any trademark, service mark, logo or trade name of Oracle or its licensors is granted under this Agreement. Additional restrictions for developers and/or publishers licenses are set forth in the Supplemental License Terms.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ORACLE FURTHER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL ORACLE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR DATA USE, INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORT, EVEN IF ORACLE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ORACLE'S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES HEREUNDER SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS (U.S. $1,000).
6. TERMINATION. This Agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying all copies of Software. This Agreement will terminate immediately without notice from Oracle if you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement. Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately should any Software become, or in either party's opinion be likely to become, the subject of a claim of infringement of any intellectual property right. Upon termination, you must destroy all copies of Software.
7. EXPORT REGULATIONS. You agree that U.S. export control laws and other applicable export and import laws govern your use of the Software, including technical data; additional information can be found on Oracle's Global Trade Compliance web site (http://www.oracle.com/us/products/export). You agree that neither the Software nor any direct product thereof will be exported, directly, or indirectly, in violation of these laws, or will be used for any purpose prohibited by these laws including, without limitation, nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons proliferation.
8. TRADEMARKS AND LOGOS. You acknowledge and agree as between you
and Oracle that Oracle owns the ORACLE and JAVA trademarks and all ORACLE- and JAVA-related trademarks, service marks, logos and other brand
designations ("Oracle Marks"), and you agree to comply with the Third
Party Usage Guidelines for Oracle Trademarks currently located at
http://www.oracle.com/us/legal/third-party-trademarks/index.html . Any use you make of the Oracle Marks inures to Oracle's benefit.
9. U.S. GOVERNMENT LICENSE RIGHTS. If Software is being acquired by or on behalf of the U.S. Government or by a U.S. Government prime contractor or subcontractor (at any tier), then the Government's rights in Software and accompanying documentation shall be only those set forth in this Agreement.
10. GOVERNING LAW. This agreement is governed by the substantive and procedural laws of California. You and Oracle agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and venue in, the courts of San Francisco, or Santa Clara counties in California in any dispute arising out of or relating to this agreement.
11. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, this Agreement will remain in effect with the provision omitted, unless omission would frustrate the intent of the parties, in which case this Agreement will immediately terminate.
12. INTEGRATION. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Oracle relating to its subject matter. It supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, representations and warranties and prevails over any conflicting or additional terms of any quote, order, acknowledgment, or other communication between the parties relating to its subject matter during the term of this Agreement. No modification of this Agreement will be binding, unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each party.
SUPPLEMENTAL LICENSE TERMS
These Supplemental License Terms add to or modify the terms of the Binary Code License Agreement. Capitalized terms not defined in these Supplemental Terms shall have the same meanings ascribed to them in the Binary Code License Agreement. These Supplemental Terms shall supersede any inconsistent or conflicting terms in the Binary Code License Agreement, or in any license contained within the Software.
A. COMMERCIAL FEATURES. You may not use the Commercial Features for running Programs, Java applets or applications in your internal business operations or for any commercial or production purpose, or for any purpose other than as set forth in Sections B, C, D and E of these Supplemental Terms. If You want to use the Commercial Features for any purpose other than as permitted in this Agreement, You must obtain a separate license from Oracle.
B. SOFTWARE INTERNAL USE FOR DEVELOPMENT LICENSE GRANT. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and restrictions and exceptions set forth in the README File incorporated herein by reference, including, but not limited to the Java Technology Restrictions of these Supplemental Terms, Oracle grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license without fees to reproduce internally and use internally the Software complete and unmodified for the purpose of designing, developing, and testing your Programs.
C. LICENSE TO DISTRIBUTE SOFTWARE. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and restrictions and exceptions set forth in the README File, including, but not limited to the Java Technology Restrictions and Limitations on Redistribution of these Supplemental Terms, Oracle grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license without fees to reproduce and distribute the Software, provided that (i) you distribute the Software complete and unmodified and only bundled as part of, and for the sole purpose of running, your Programs, (ii) the Programs add significant and primary functionality to the Software, (iii) you do not distribute additional software intended to replace any component(s) of the Software, (iv) you do not remove or alter any proprietary legends or notices contained in the Software, (v) you only distribute the Software subject to a license agreement that: (a) is a complete, unmodified reproduction of this Agreement; or (b) protects Oracle's interests consistent with the terms contained in this Agreement and that includes the notice set forth in Section H, and (vi) you agree to defend and indemnify Oracle and its licensors from and against any damages, costs, liabilities, settlement amounts and/or expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with any claim, lawsuit or action by any third party that arises or results from the use or distribution of any and all Programs and/or Software. The license set forth in this Section C does not extend to the Software identified in Section G.
D. LICENSE TO DISTRIBUTE REDISTRIBUTABLES. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and restrictions and exceptions set forth in the README File, including but not limited to the Java Technology Restrictions and Limitations on Redistribution of these Supplemental Terms, Oracle grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license without fees to reproduce and distribute those files specifically identified as redistributable in the README File ("Redistributables") provided that: (i) you distribute the Redistributables complete and unmodified, and only bundled as part of Programs, (ii) the Programs add significant and primary functionality to the Redistributables, (iii) you do not distribute additional software intended to supersede any component(s) of the Redistributables (unless otherwise specified in the applicable README File), (iv) you do not remove or alter any proprietary legends or notices contained in or on the Redistributables, (v) you only distribute the Redistributables pursuant to a license agreement that: (a) is a complete, unmodified reproduction of this Agreement; or (b) protects Oracle's interests consistent with the terms contained in the Agreement and includes the notice set forth in Section H, (vi) you agree to defend and indemnify Oracle and its licensors from and against any damages, costs, liabilities, settlement amounts and/or expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with any claim, lawsuit or action by any third party that arises or results from the use or distribution of any and all Programs and/or Software. The license set forth in this Section D does not extend to the Software identified in Section G.
E. DISTRIBUTION BY PUBLISHERS. This section pertains to your distribution of the JavaTM SE Development Kit Software (“JDK”) with your printed book or magazine (as those terms are commonly used in the industry) relating to Java technology ("Publication"). Subject to and conditioned upon your compliance with the restrictions and obligations contained in the Agreement, Oracle hereby grants to you a non-exclusive, nontransferable limited right to reproduce complete and unmodified copies of the JDK on electronic media (the "Media") for the sole purpose of inclusion and distribution with your Publication(s), subject to the following terms: (i) You may not distribute the JDK on a stand-alone basis; it must be distributed with your Publication(s); (ii) You are responsible for downloading the JDK from the applicable Oracle web site; (iii) You must refer to the JDK as JavaTM SE Development Kit; (iv) The JDK must be reproduced in its entirety and without any modification whatsoever (including with respect to all proprietary notices) and distributed with your Publication subject to a license agreement that is a complete, unmodified reproduction of this Agreement; (v) The Media label shall include the following information: “Copyright [YEAR], Oracle America, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ORACLE and JAVA trademarks and all ORACLE- and JAVA-related trademarks, service marks, logos and other brand designations are trademarks or registered trademarks of Oracle in the U.S. and other countries.” [YEAR] is the year of Oracle's release of the Software; the year information can typically be found in the Software’s “About” box or screen. This information must be placed on the Media label in such a manner as to only apply to the JDK; (vi) You must clearly identify the JDK as Oracle's product on the Media holder or Media label, and you may not state or imply that Oracle is responsible for any third-party software contained on the Media; (vii) You may not include any third party software on the Media which is intended to be a replacement or substitute for the JDK; (viii) You agree to defend and indemnify Oracle and its licensors from and against any damages, costs, liabilities, settlement amounts and/or expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with any claim, lawsuit or action by any third party that arises or results from the use or distribution of the JDK and/or the Publication; ; and (ix) You shall provide Oracle with a written notice for each Publication; such notice shall include the following information: (1) title of Publication, (2) author(s), (3) date of Publication, and (4) ISBN or ISSN numbers. Such notice shall be sent to Oracle America, Inc., 500 Oracle Parkway, Redwood Shores, California 94065 U.S.A , Attention: General Counsel.
F. JAVA TECHNOLOGY RESTRICTIONS. You may not create, modify, or change the behavior of, or authorize your licensees to create, modify, or change the behavior of, classes, interfaces, or subpackages that are in any way identified as "java", "javax", "sun", “oracle” or similar convention as specified by Oracle in any naming convention designation.
G. LIMITATIONS ON REDISTRIBUTION. You may not redistribute or otherwise transfer patches, bug fixes or updates made available by Oracle through Oracle Premier Support, including those made available under Oracle's Java SE Support program.
H. COMMERCIAL FEATURES NOTICE. For purpose of complying with Supplemental Term Section C.(v)(b) and D.(v)(b), your license agreement shall include the following notice, where the notice is displayed in a manner that anyone using the Software will see the notice:
Use of the Commercial Features for any commercial or production purpose requires a separate license from Oracle. “Commercial Features” means those features identified Table 1-1 (Commercial Features In Java SE Product Editions) of the Java SE documentation accessible at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/index.html
I. SOURCE CODE. Software may contain source code that, unless expressly licensed for other purposes, is provided solely for reference purposes pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. Source code may not be redistributed unless expressly provided for in this Agreement.
J. THIRD PARTY CODE. Additional copyright notices and license terms applicable to portions of the Software are set forth in the THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME file accessible at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/index.html. In addition to any terms and conditions of any third party opensource/freeware license identified in the THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME file, the disclaimer of warranty and limitation of liability provisions in paragraphs 4 and 5 of the Binary Code License Agreement shall apply to all Software in this distribution.
K. TERMINATION FOR INFRINGEMENT. Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately should any Software become, or in either party's opinion be likely to become, the subject of a claim of infringement of any intellectual property right.
L. INSTALLATION AND AUTO-UPDATE. The Software's installation and auto-update processes transmit a limited amount of data to Oracle (or its service provider) about those specific processes to help Oracle understand and optimize them. Oracle does not associate the data with personally identifiable information. You can find more information about the data Oracle collects as a result of your Software download at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/index.html.
For inquiries please contact: Oracle America, Inc., 500 Oracle Parkway,
Redwood Shores, California 94065, USA.
Last updated 02 April 2013